1. Forum users must ensure that they comply with the forum rules.
2. When using the forums you are expected at all times to be polite and respectful towards all forum users including the Forum Moderators and members of the MHA UK team.
3. Your posting must be appropriate to the forum and relevant to the discussion.
4. You must not post any message that could be considered unwanted, unprofessional, defamatory, obscene, offensive, deliberately provocative, inflammatory, or unlawful.
5. Your posting must be your own comments; be factual, truthful and where an opinion is given, it must be clearly acknowledged as such.
6. You must not post complaints on the forums.
7. Advertising of jobs, goods or services for commercial gain is not allowed.
8. Discussion of potential or actual legal proceedings is prohibited on the public discussion forums.
9. Forum users are allowed one forum account only.
10. Your registered screen name and avatars must not contain website or email address details, the name or identifiable abbreviation of an organisation or company, contact or location information, expletives, obscenities, religious statements or other potentially contentious terminology.
11. Children of 16 years and under are not allowed to use our forums.
12. Your posts must not be deemed as spam, or contain references to non-MHA surveys, contests or chain letters.
13. Postings must not infringe copyright law.
How our forums are moderated.
Our public discussion forums and the MHA (UK) Members’ Forums are moderated by a team of approved Team Members who volunteer to act as Moderators. Their key task is to make sure our rules are followed by everyone who uses the forums. Their work is usually completed confidentially through private mail with the relevant forum users. At least two moderators take part in any decision that involves interpreting the rules. The moderating team cannot edit forum postings on the website. They are supported in their work by MHA (UK) Team.
If the moderators consider that your message has broken our rules, they will remove it. Where possible, we will let you know that your message is unacceptable and why. If you have been formally warned in this way more than twice, on the third occasion, your access to the forums will be removed.
The moderating team’s interpretation of the forum rules is final. If you are unhappy with their decision you must not make any comment on the forum. Please refer to our complaints procedure for guidance on how to complain.
Complaints & reporting procedure.
We are committed to providing a high quality, accessible and responsive service to our members and the public. However, if you believe that things have gone wrong, please send your complaints or comments to email@example.com. We will try to respond to any complaint within five working days.
If our response is not to your satisfaction, you may ask that it is referred to the Chairlady/man, whose decision is final.
You must not post complaints on the discussion forums.
Postings made by forum users are personal opinions and not those of the The Malawi Hindu Association (UK). MHA (UK) is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.
Our public forums are accessible to everyone and are ‘crawled’ by search engines such as Google and Yahoo on a daily basis. This means anything you post on one of our public forums could be indexed by a search engine and returned in search engine results. MHA (UK) accepts no responsibility if you’re posting is returned in such results. Member-only forums are not crawled by search engines.
Your email address is not visible to other forum users. To contact another user outside of the forums you should use our private messaging service. If you disclose your email address in a forum posting or private message you do so at your own risk. We do not accept any responsibility if something goes wrong as a result of publicising personal details on forum.
MHA (UK) Team members are able to view your email address. We will not publish or provide your email address to anyone unless they have a legal right to request such information. If we need to contact you about the discussion forums for administration or response to a complaint purposes we will use your registered email address.
You remain solely liable for any material you publish, display or transmit on the The Malawi Hindu Association (UK) website. You agree to indemnify (cover the costs of) MHA (UK) and its Officers and employees against any claim, liability, cost, damage, other expenses or loss we may incur (including without limitation legal fees) as a result of any material you publish, display or transmit on the MHA (UK) website or any violation by you of your obligations under these forum and blog rules. MHA (UK) expressly excludes liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of the website by any person in contravention of these forum and blog rules. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any material which we think is potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of the any third party rights or any other part of these rules.